Buttery fish, rich sauteed eggplant and grits full of basil
- 2 6 oz Chilean sea bass fillets
- 2 pieces prosciutto
For the Grits
- 1/2 cup grits
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 TBS chopped fresh basil plus a little more for garnish
For the Eggplant
- 2 small or one medium eggplant
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 close garlic, minced
- 2 TBS dried cranberries
- 2 TBS pine nuts, toasted
Make the Eggplant:
- Wash the eggplant and trim the ends. Cut the eggplant into 1/4″ dice.
- Place a heavy bottomed saute pan over medium heat.
- When hot add the oil, then the garlic. Saute until the garlic just starts to give off it’s aroma.
- Add the eggplant, stir to coat with the oil. Sprinkle in the salt. Lower the heat and cover. Let cook for about 10 minutes, checking and stirring a couple of times. If you need to add a little water to the pan to keep the eggplant from sticking that is OK.
- After 10 minutes stir in the dried cranberries. Keep on low, being sure that it doesn’t dry out.
Make the grits
- While the eggplant is cooking bring the water and salt to a boil.
- Add the grits, stir and reduce the heat to medium.
- When the grits have thickened add the butter, stir to melt. Cover and set aside.
- Just before serving stir in the basil
Cook the fish
- Wrap each fillet in a piece of prosciutto
- Spray the rack with cooking spray and place the wrapped fish on the rack in the middle of the air fryer.
- Cook on “fish” or at 390 for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking
- Place the grits on the plate.
- Stir half of the pine nuts into the eggplant mixture and put half of the eggplant on each plate
- Top with a wrapped fillet.
- Sprinkle with the remaining pine nuts and chopped basil
If you don’t like eggplant you could easily substitute zucchini
Keywords: air fryer chilean sea bass, chilean sea bass recipe, seafood recipe, air fryer recipe