- 7 large eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 TBS milk
- 21 TBS unsalted butter, softened but still cool cut into 21 pieces
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 oz dried apricots, cut into small pieces. About 1 cup
- 3/4 cups whole pistachios, roughly chopped
For the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 TBS orange juice
- Preheat oven to 300 and set a rack to the middle of your oven.
- Butter and flour the bundt pan
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking power and salt.
- Add the milk and sour cream to a measuring cut and mix them together
- Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached and beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl if needed.
- Lower the speed to medium and gradually add the granulated sugar. Turn to medium high and beat until pale and fluffy. About 3 mintues. Turn off the mixer and scrape down.
- Return to medium and slowly add the egg mixture. It might look curdled but don’t worry.
- Reduce the speed to low and add 1/3 of the flour mixture. Followed by half of the sour cream mixture, 1/3 of the flour, the rest of the sour cream and the balance of the flour. Just mix until combined and do not overmix.
- Remove the bowl and fold in the chopped apricots and pistachios until well distributed throughout the batter.
- Place the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Tap it a couple of times on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour and a half. The cake is done when a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 – 20 minutes then remove from the pan to cool completely.
Make the Glaze
- Mix the confectioner’s sugar and orange juice until smooth
- Drizzle over cake
Keywords: bundt cake, cake, apricots, apricot bundt cake