Pasta with creamy avocado mixed with crunchy broccoli and sweet scallops
- 2 cups cooked pasta such as penne or gemelli or the like
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz scallops
- 1 TBS flour mixed with 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice plus more to taste
- grated Parmesan for serving, if desired
- Pat the scallops dry. Mix the flour and salt and dredge the scallops in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil in a small fry pan. When hot add the scallops and cook for three minutes, turn and cook for three minutes or until cooked through. Remove to a plate. Cut each scallop into fourths.
- Peel and pit the avocado and put it in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add salt and stir.
- If the pasta is cold warm it up a bit in the microwave.
- Add the pasta, scallops and broccoli to the avocado and stir to coat.
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve with grated Parmesan, if desired
Keywords: scallops, avocado, pasta, avocado pasta salad