I was sent a free copy of Backyard Witchcraft: The Complete Guide for the Green Witch, the Kitchen Witch, and the Hedge Witch by Cecilia Lattari and illustrated by Betti Greco at no charge from TLC Book Tours. All opinions are my own
About Backyard Witchcraft:
Embark on an exploration of modern-day witchcraft, embracing the green path, which connects us to nature.
Herbalist Cecilia Lattari guides readers to reawaken their inner witch by tuning in to the magic and sacred energies of their everyday lives, using the hidden powers of nature to foster positive connections between mind, body, spirit, and living spaces. Filled with colorful, compelling illustrations, this handbook introduces green, hedge, and kitchen witches. Readers will learn how to create their own witch’s tool kits, purify their homes, work with the four natural elements, build magic laboratories, and discover the path that encourages a harmonious transformation.
- The green witch is a manifestation of Mother Earth, who nurtures, cares, and observes. She practices with herbs, flowers, plants, and remedies, and surely has volumes upon volumes of plant books on her bookshelves.
- For the kitchen witch food is a gift from Mother Earth. The kitchen is this witch’s sacred space, involving spells of tradition and creation. She works with ordinary tools and knows that cooking reveals our true nature. The kitchen witch understands the sacred aspects of everyday life as she prepares recipes for sacred foods.
- The eclectic path of the hedge witch includes herbalism, healing, and shamanistic actions. Her focus is the home, and she knows the power of fables and preserves popular knowledge.
- Take a guided tour of herbs, flowers, plants, poisonous plants, potions, oils, teas, tinctures, and remedies.
- Learn the magical practices of purification using herbs, bells, candles, and incense.
- Get in touch with nature by preparing a sacred outdoor space and centering yourself.
- Learn to grow, harvest, and dry herbs and understand the difference between air, fire, land, and water plants.
- Observe how the four elements of air, earth, fire, and wind carry messages from nature through various types of plants.
For the modern-day Wicca, backyard gardener, and naturalist, this indispensable guide offers an exploration of the intimate relationship between humans and Mother Earth.
ALL AMAZON PURCHASE LINKS ARE AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU BUY ANYTHING THROUGH THEM I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION (AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO YOU)
You can purchase Backyard Witchcraft on Amazon.com
About the Author:
Cecilia Lattari is a professional actress who graduated from the School of Theater in Bologna and has a degree in Herbalist Techniques. She works in the field of relationships, stimulating people to know the most authentic part of themselves using theatrical practices and sensorial experiences in the world of plants.
This is a book of magic whether you feel the witch thing or not. After all, I probably fall into the kitchen witch category and I feel the description keenly. I am most at home in my kitchen and happiest when I am cooking and baking for others since I rarely fuss over anything for myself.
It’s the type of book that’s just fun to pick up and read a chapter here and there to glean a bit of information or inspiration to hold tight for the future. Or if you need an answer you just can’t find this book might just lead you to where you need to be.
No, it’s not magic – but how it makes you think might just be.
There was a time when there were no computers and there were no instant answers and the body of knowledge was handed down from generation to generation. Some of the more intelligent women of these less enlightened times were feared and labeled in a way as to make them outcasts instead of being revered for what they could bring to society. Heaven forfend a woman know more than a man!
But now that we are more advanced we can accept that there is something to be respected in the natural world. Something that has always been but not always respected or accepted. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.