Buttery sea bass wrapped in smokey bacon topped with a crunchy fruit salad
- 1 8 oz seabass fillet
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 1 TBS Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/2 pear, julienned
- 1/2 apple, julienned
- 1 orange cut into supremes, juice reserved
- salt and pepper
- Add the halved Brussels sprouts to a baking dish. Add half of the Blood Orange Olive Oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Mix well. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked Jasmine rice and the rest of the Blood Orange olive oil and return to the oven.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting wrap the seabass fillet with the two strips of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat a cast iron pan or other heavy bottomed pan over med-high heat until hot. You want a hot pan to crisp the bacon without over cooking the fish. Add the fish and cook on all four sides for a minute and a half each until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove the pan to the oven to finish cooking – about 6 1/2 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking mix the pears, apples and orange pieces together in a medium bowl. Add the reserved orange juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Remove the frying pan from the oven REMEMBERING THAT IT IS HOT AS HELL. Remove toothpicks from the fish. Carefully cut the fillet in half.
- To serve: put half of the Brussels sprout/rice mixture on the plate. Add one half of the fillet and top with half of the fruit salad. Pour half of the orange juice over the dish.
Keywords: sea bass, bacon, bacon wrapped sea bass, seabass, dinner for two