Shrimp and Cabbage in Sauce on Rice
a quick and easy dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 - 15 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minute
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian American
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 tsp canola or peanut oil
- clove of garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped cabbage (about 1/3 small head)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBS oyster sauce
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS white wine or mirin
- 2 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1/2 avocado diced, (optional)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the soy sauce, mirin, oyster sauce and cornstarch. Set aside
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add the shrimp and stir fry quickly until they are just done. Remove from pan.
- To the same pan add another tsp of oil and the garlic. Swirl until the garlic starts to give off its aroma then add the cabbage.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of water to start and cover the cabbage and let cook for about 10 minutes checking to make sure it doesn’t burn. Add more water as needed.
- When the cabbage is crisp/tender add the shrimp to the pan along with the soy/oyster sauce mixture. Cook through until everything is coated with the sauce about 2 minutes.
- Serve over the rice. Sprinkle the avocado over top if desired.
Keywords: stir fry, cabbage, shrimp and cabbage