A moist muffin full of fruit, nuts and chips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cherries pitted and cut into quarters
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pistachios, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- sugar in the raw for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Prepare a muffin tin with paper muffin cups sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- mix together the liquid ingredients; the olive oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir well with a fork to combine.
- in a separate. larger bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the chocolate chips and the cherries.
- Make sure the cherries are coated with flour. This will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Mix in half of the pistachio nuts. Reserve the other half for the topping.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix until just combined. You don’t want to over mix the batter. It will be thick.
- Using a large scoop or spoon add the batter to the prepared muffin tin. Take the reserved pistachio nuts and roughly chop them. Sprinkle the nuts on top off the batter. Add the sugar in the raw if you are using it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 – 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: muffin, cherry pistachio muffin, cherry muffin, muffin recipe