- 1 8oz Chilean sea bass filet
- 1 avocado
- 1 honey crisp apple, organic
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- juice of one lime
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 cups cooked Jasmine or other rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cut and core the apple and then dice into small, bite sized pieces. (With an organic apple you can leave the peel on and then you have the pretty red color.) Add to a medium bowl
- Cut the avocado into bite sized pieces. Add to the bowl
- Add the dried cranberries and almonds.
- Make the vinaigrette: Add the lime juice, salt and honey to a small bowl. Whisk in the oil until it emulsifies. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the avocado/apple mixture and stir gently.
- Season both sides of the filet with salt and pepper then coat with the all purpose flour.
- Heat the canola oil in a small cast iron or other oven safe pan.
- When hot add the filet and cook for two minutes, turn the fish and cook for two minutes.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet
- When the fish is cooked cut it in half.
- To plate add 1 cup of rice to a plate or bowl, top with 1/2 of the filet and apple/avocado mixture.
- Drizzle with each with remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve with roasted vegetables or a side salad.