It takes a chocolate chip cookie to a new level with the addition of caramel pieces and cashew nuts
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 2 cups (1 lb) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz bag caramels
- 1 1/2 cup nuts – I used cashews
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone mats
- Cut the caramels into quarters with a sharp knife. It helps if they are cold so if you are in a warm area refrigerate them first. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer until they are well combined.
- Add the vanilla. Scrape down the sides.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, blending well between each one.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Stir in the chips, nuts and caramels until combined
- Use a medium scoop to drop onto the prepared cookies sheets.
- Bake for about 7 minutes and reverse the trays. Bake for 5- 6 more minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and LET THEM SIT ON THE COOKIE SHEETS FOR 2 – 3 MINUTES. (Learn from my experience. They are impossible to move easily right out of the oven due to the caramels. If they sit a little the caramel starts to harden back up and they remove much more easily.)
Keywords: cookies, turtle cookies, chocolate chips cookies, caramel