Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz good quality semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment
- In a large bowl combing sugar, coconut, egg whites. salt and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Use a medium scoop and place on prepared baking sheet. Alternatively wet your hands and take about 1 1/2 TBS of dough and roll into a ball. Space about 1 inch apart
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 16 – 17 minutes. Rotate the tray halfway through baking. Cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the chocolate and coconut oil until melted.
- Drizzle over the macaroons or if desired, dip the cookies in the chocolate mixture (if you choose to dip the cookies after you do so, set them to harden on a piece of parchment.) This will cover about half the batch.
Keywords: coconut macaroons, coconut cookies, gluten free cookies, gluten free recipe, coconut recipe