- 1 5 – 6 lb chicken
- 2 small onions
- 2 small heads of garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 TBS salt
- 2 TBS Herbes de Provence
- 2 TBS olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut the onions, garlic heads and lemons into quarters and add to a bowl.
- Add the Herbes de provence and salt.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the chicken.
- Rub the olive oil/herb mixture left in the bottom of the bowl over the top of the bird.
- Roast at 400° for half an hour and then lower the temperature to 350° to finish the bird.
- Cook the bird until the thigh meat registers 170° about another hour. (Depending on the weight of your chicken.)
- Cover the chicken with foil and let rest for at least 15 minutes before carving and serving.
Keywords: roast chicken, moist roast chicken, delicious roast chicken