LivBar Superfood Bars, the healthy snack bars mentioned in this post for national nutrition month were provided at no charge. All opinions are my own – or my husband’s.
National Nutrition Month
Did you know that March is National Nutrition Month? I didn’t but I am happy I do now even if is a little late in the month. That doesn’t mean I still can’t educate myself and hopefully others as to ways to up your game plan when it comes to the way you eat.
Any purchase links are affiliate links. If you make a purchase I receive a small commission (at no additional charge to you)
Ways to Celebrate National Nutrition Month
I went to the official website and learned that there are quite a few things that the husband and I do all year ’round that celebrate the goals of national nutrition month like:
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods – while we don’t grow our food any longer we do still eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I choose to buy organic whenever I can.
- The site suggest seeing a registered dietician or nutritionist. I did this many years ago and baked goods aside my overall diet is generally healthy. If this is something you can do, you will find it very helpful.
- Plan your meals and snacks. This is where I fail big time. I generally decide on dinner in the afternoon. I am fortunate to have a deep freezer that is well stocked. As for snacks erm, baked goods aside, the husband loves having a supply of healthy snack bars available that he will eat mid afternoon. I will share one of his new favorites below.
- Cook at home instead of eating out. Well, we have all done a lot more of this the last two years, haven’t we? But truth be told I love to cook! Making a meal like Air Fryer Chilean Sea Bass is fun for me.
Healthy Snack Bars
So what are LivBars? According to the husband they are a very tasty, healthy snack bar. He enjoyed having them as his mid-afternoon bite with his daily cup of herbal tea. One was also packed any time he went on a hike. As for the technical information about them, well I will leave that to the company:
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: We believe real food is good food. LivBars are no exception. Our delicious protein bars are made with only the best Non-GMO, USDA Certified organic ingredients free of common allergens including gluten, dairy, soy, corn, and peanuts!
- ON-THE-GO SNACK: Fuel your wildest adventures with the perfect on-the-go energy snack! Unlike other competitor’s products, LivBars feature all natural and plant-based ingredients that don’t melt or freeze. Stash them for your next run, hike, or ride!
- Provides balanced, sustainable energy with healthy fats, carbs, fiber and protein
- Organic, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, corn free, GMO free
- LivBar doesn’t melt or freeze – makes the perfect snack for your cold outdoor holiday adventures!
How Were the LivBars?
I personally can’t tell you because they contain flaxseed and well, flax and I don’t get along. Let’s just say it turns me into a bright red, swollen faced woman and leave it at that. As for the husband’s opinion – he loved them! He found them to be tasty and just the thing when he needed a pick me up in the afternoon.
He liked the blueberry vanilla the best as blueberries are his favorite fruit. But he did tell me that all of them were very tasty. I can tell you that they smelled very good and quite fresh. But that is as far as I was willing to go.
I am sure any of you with food allergies understand completely.
Afternoon Pick Me Up with a Healthy Snack Bar
He enjoyed a LivBar as an afternoon pick-me-up or when he just wanted a tasty snack. Each healthy snack bar has 180 calories, 17 g carbs, and 6 g protein. It was enough to satisfy but not so much as to ruin his dinner. As noted above he liked the blueberry vanilla the best but he said that they were all pretty tasty.
LivBars are easy to toss in a backpack or purse to have on hand when you need a quick snack. Far better than some other options out there, right?
The flavors available are:
- Coffee Maple Cacao
- Ginger Lemon Turmeric
- Lemongrass Cherry Matcha
- Raspberry Maca
- Blueberry Vanilla Kale
What flavor do you think you would like to try first? I must admit they do sound tasty – I just don’t like what flax does to me. The husband though, is thoroughly enjoying the LivBars and that is a very good thing.
LivBar and Sustainability
One of the things I didn’t know when I said, “yes, I’d love to have some healthy snack bar samples for my husband to try.” was how LivBar is committed to the environment. The wrappers they use on their bars are made of cellulose and are therefore fully compostable. In Vermont where we live that is wonderful as the state has a very energetic compost/recycling program.
LivBars are made with certified organic ingredients which means they come from farms that:
- Maintain and improve fertility, soil structure and biodiversity, and reduce erosion
- Reduce the risks of human, animal, and environmental exposure to toxic materials
- Fine-tune farming practices to meet local production conditions and satisfy local markets
In further support of the environment LivBar’s office and production factory are run on solar power. That is very cool! Additionally they utilize carbon neutral shipping practices. You have to respect a company that produces a quality product while doing what it can to protect our Earth!
What’s not to love about a company that produces a quality product in an environmentally friendly way?
You can learn more at livbar.com