A delicious combination of sweet lobster, luscious sauce and tart pomegranate
- 2 8 oz lobster tails, thawed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 TBS finely chopped shallot
- 2 oranges, preferably organic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, separated
- 1 TBS honey
- salt and pepper
- Jasmine rice
- You will need to partially cook the lobster tails. I was roasting vegetables to serve with dinner so I put them in foil with a little bit of water and steamed them in the oven for 15 minutes (at 350°) and that had them just where they needed to be. You could also par-boil them or steam them on the stove top. You just need them to be about half cooked. Once they are carefully remove the meat from the shell and slice. Set aside.
- Zest and juice the oranges
- Take about 1/2 cup of the pomegranate seeds and crush them to release the juice. I just used a measuring cup.
- Add the juice and a pinch of salt to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let reduce by half. Stir in the honey. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the pomegranate juice is reducing add the butter to a large saute pan over medium heat. After it melts add the shallots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the orange juice and zest. Let cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and add the lobster meat back in to cook through. It should take no more than two or three minutes. You don’t want to over cook the meat.
- To serve: Add some rice to the plate and top with half of the lobster meat and some sauce. Drizzle with half of the pomegranate syrup and top with half of the remaining pomegranate seeds.
Keywords: lobster, pomegranate, orange, celebration dinner, dinner for two