- For the low calorie portion – the spices will do both:
- 1 1 oz piece of Salmon
- 3.5 oz shrimp and scallops mixed (2 large scallops, 3 jumbo shrimp)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup prepared jasmine rice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1 TBS raisins
- 3.5 oz side vegetable – I served snow peas
- For the Second Portion:
- 5 scallops
- 3 shrimp
- 1 cup prepared Jasmine rice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 2 TBS raisins
- Mix the spices and salt together in a small bowl.
- Heat a non stick pan over med-high heat until hot.
- While the pan is heating drop the seafood in the bowl with the seasoning and roll around until it is well covered.
- When the pan is hot add the salmon and scallops and cook for 2 minutes on each side. (I was also cooking my portion of the meal in this photo.) Remove, set aside and keep warm. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about a minute on each side until they just cook through.
- While the seafood is cooking add the orange zest, tarragon and raisins to the half cup of Jasmine rice. Heat in the microwave or over medium heat (add a little water to the pan so the rice doesn’t stick) until the rice is warmed through.
- Serve the seafood next to the rice and add your side vegetable. Enjoy!