Millet Recipe: Millet Garden Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
a millet salad with fruit and vegetables from the garden dressed with a fruity vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 - 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup millet
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato pieces
- 1 quarter cantaloupe melon cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup corn, canned, frozen or cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup green beans, canned, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBS plus 1/2 tsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 3 TBS Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cup of millet and boil for about 12 minutes until it is cooked but still a bit al dente
- Drain and put the millet into a bowl. Stir in the sun dried tomato pieces. Add the 1/2 tsp of Blood Orange Olive Oil and several turns of fresh grated black pepper. Mix well and set aside until the millet cools a bit.
- Make the dressing: Mix the 2 TBS of Blood Orange Olive Oil and 3 TBS of Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- If you need to toast your pumpkin seeds do so. If you have them already toasted – you were smarter than me.
- Add all of the fruits and vegetables to the warm millet and stir gently. Add the dressing and mix and add salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: millet salad, millet, main dish salad