A moist cake with pieces of peach throughout
- 1 1/2 cups butter at room temperature plus some to butter the bundt pan
- 3 cups plus 2 TBS all purpose flour plus more for the pan
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can peaches (15 oz) drained
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter and flour a 14 cup bundt pan
- Drain and dice the peaches.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attached, beat the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy – about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low alternate adding the flour mixture and sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Remove the bowl from the stand and gently fold in the peaches.
- Add the batter to the prepared bundt pan. Tap it gently on the counter a couple of times to settle the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 – 60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes then remove from the pan to cool completely.
- Melt the remaining butter
- Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the cake with the melted butter and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar
This is a very moist, rich cake
Keywords: bundt cake, coffee cake, peach cake, peaches, canned peaches,