a delightful cookie cake with a lovely hint of spice
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Stir in oats. Set aside.
- Cream butter and two sugars until light. Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and zucchini.
- Add dry flour/oats mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chips, dried cranberries and nuts
- Use a medium scoop or two tablespoons to drop dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes until the cookies are just starting to brown around the edges. Rotate the trays halfway through.
- Remove from trays to cool on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
This is a very cake like cookie
Cook time assumes four rounds of trays in the oven
Keywords: cookies, zucchini, pumpkin spice