homemade ravioli with a delicious lobster filling in a luscious vodka cream sauce
For the Homemade Pasta or enough store bought pasta dough or wonton wrappers to make 24 raviolis
- 7 oz flour – I use a mixture of Italian and all purpose
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the Filling
- 5 oz lobster meat
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
For the Vodka Cream Sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 TBS ketchup or tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 TBS parsley plus more for garnish
- 3 TBS vodka
- all purpose flour to thicken the sauce
Make the Pasta
- Pile the flour on your clean counter and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs, salt and oil the center and carefully stir with a fork to break the yolks and mix.
- Slowly start bringing in the flour from the sides without breaking the flour wall.
- Do this until almost all of the flour is incorporated.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Flatten into a disc and refrigerate for an hour.
Make the Lobster Filling
- Cut the lobster meat into very small pieces and add to a bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese, salt, onion powder and ground pepper. Stir to combine
Make the Ravioli
- Bring the pasta dough out of the refrigerator.
- I use a KitchenAid pasta attachment. Follow the directions for whatever machine you have to roll out your pasta into sheets.
- You can make the ravioli in one of two ways; use a ravioli maker or hand cut them. I have a ravioli maker so I will show that way.
- Lay a sheet of pasta on top of the bottom frame.
- Use the press to stretch the dough to make the indentation for the filling.
- Add about a teaspoon of the lobster filling to each .
- Brush around each ravioli with a bit of water to help them seal.
- Top with another sheet of pasta dough.
- Roll over the base with a rolling pin being sure that the dough is pressed down thoroughly.
- Turn over to release the ravioli and carefully separate.
- Repeat for 24 ravioli
- Set on a baking sheet to dry slightly until ready to cook
Make the Vodka Cream Sauce and Cook the Ravioli
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, make the vodka cream sauce.
- Add the heavy cream and milk to a large saute pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, paprika and ketchup or tomato paste
- Add the vodka and return to a simmer to let the alcohol cook out.
- Using a small strainer, shake in about a TBS of flour. Whisk to prevent lumps and see if the sauce thickens to your liking. If not add a little more. Lower the heat until the ravioli are done.
- When the pot of water comes to a boil add the ravioli and cook for about a minute after they rise to the top.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove the ravioli to the pan with the sauce. Let them heat through.
- Serve with sauce, top with more parsley for garnish if desired
Cook time includes the time to heat the pot of water
Prep time includes making the ravioli
Keywords: lobster, ravioli, homemade ravioli, ravioli recipe. lobster ravioli, vodka cream sauce