delicious sweet corn paired with chicken in a creamy risotto
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb chicken strips
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 ears of corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. As the water is coming to a boil, peel the corn.
- When boiling drop in the ears of corn and let boil for five minutes and then run under cold water. Keep a cup of the corn water for the risotto.
- Alternatively, place stripped ears in a small microwave safe baking dish with about a half cup of water. Microwave on high for two minutes. Let cool.
- Cut the kernels off of the cob and set aside.
- Heat a small fry pan over medium high heat. Add about 1 TBS olive oil.
- Add the chicken strips and sprinkle generously with salt. Pan fry until they are cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 1 TBS olive oil. Stir in the rice to coat. Heat the rice through then add the white wine.
- Heat the chicken broth in a small pot and keep it warm
- Stir until the rice absorbs most of the wine.
- Add the chicken broth, a cup at a time, stirring constantly until it is absorbed by the rice. When there is about 1 cup left add the corn and cheese to the risotto and stir to combine.
- Stir in the last of the chicken broth and when it is just about absorbed add in the chicken pieces and heat through.
- If the risotto looks dry pour in some of the corn water and stir until it is creamy.
- Finish with a tsp of butter.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
This will serve two generously
Keywords: risotto, risotto for two, chicken risotto, corn risotto