- 10 extra large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 cups rice, rice noodles, soba noodles etc.
To make Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare your starch – whatever you choose. I made thick rice noodles
To make the cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add cauliflower florets to a roasting dish and add 1 TBS olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp paprika and some salt.
- Mix well. Roast for 30 minutes
Make the Peanut Sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the can of light coconut milk, the peanut butter, the tamari, the red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Bring just to a boil and season with cayenne to a heat level that suits you.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and saute in a non stick pan until they just turn pink.
- Mix about 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce with the 2 cups of rice or noodles.
- To serve place the rice or noodles in the center of a plate or bowl. Surround with the cauliflower (or whatever vegetable you have chosen.)
- Top with 5 shrimp each and drizzle with more peanut sauce.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped nuts.
Keywords: shrimp recipe, peanut shrimp, shrimp in peanut sauce