This post on styling a wood watch with artisan bracelets is brought to you by Jord. I was sent a watch at no charge. Any opinions expressed are my own.
Why a Wood Watch?
A watch is a personal choice and one that is utilitarian and a fashion statement all at the same time. So why choose a wood watch? There are after all, many different types of materials from which a watch can be made so why wood?
- It’s Eco Friendly – wood is a sustainable product and many wood watches are made from reclaimed wood
- It’s Hypoallergenic – so what exactly does that mean? The dictionary defines it as ” relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.”
- It’s Unique – most people opt for gold, silver or silicone watches so a wood watch really stands out in the crowd.
- It’s Lightweight – unlike metal watches, a wood watch won’t weigh your wrist down
- It Will Age Well – your skin’s natural oils will help the wood as you wear it
A Jord Wood Watch Makes a Great Gift
I was sent the Jord Cassia Watch which is made from olive wood. It also has beautiful domed sapphire glass that plays so well with the warm tones of the wood. The hours are indicated with Roman Numerals giving the watch a classic, old world look.
Father’s Day is not too far off and if you are looking for a great gift for the Dad in your life be sure to check out the stunning watches available from Jord. There are some choices that any Dad would love. Check out these great watches:
Graduation season is here too and any high school or college grad would be excited to be presented with such a unique and beautiful gift. Each watch comes beautifully packaged and is all set to be presented to your gift recipient. My niece is graduating this year and heading to fashion school. I can see her squealing over one of these:
Styling a Wood Watch with Artisan Bracelets
Let’s face it – most days I hang around the yurt in sweatpants and fleece lined flannel. Yes, I wear my fleece lined flannel almost into July. What can I say, I’m always cold. But that is the beauty of this stunning timepiece from Jord (pronounce YODE by the way – did you know that? I didn’t!)
I have a collection of artisan made bracelets from the very talented Crystal at Carly’s Haven that I thought would look great with my new wood watch.
As you can see the copper tones play very nicely with olive wood. And that is the beauty of this watch and any of the wood watches from Jord – you can pair them with copper and pearls or with sparkly crystals.
The crystals dress up the watch and now it is ready to party. I just love the versatility of this piece! It also stands alone just as beautifully. You can wear it with jeans or a cocktail dress.
Jord watches offer so many great features:
- Most watch backplates can be engraved! All Cedar humidor presentation boxes are engravable, as well!
- The watches may be sized for the recipient
- Most watches have additional options for customization — mixing and matching faces and woods!
- Every watch comes with a one year warranty and options for return & exchange
- Free worldwide standard shipping!
With all that you can’t go wrong for yourself or for a gift. I know both the hubby and I love our watches.