A delicious and easy soft shell crab recipe for one. Just double the ingredients to make it for two
- 1 soft shell crab, thawed
- 3.5 oz shredded zucchini
- 3.5 oz white onion, sliced thinly
- 3.5 oz apple, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3.5 oz huckleberries or blueberries
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- dash hot sauce (or two)
- salt and pepper
- 3.5 oz fresh green beans, steamed
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Add the onions and some salt and let them cook until they soften a bit. Add the shredded zucchini and apple pieces. Add the lemon juice and cinnamon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half of the huckleberries (or blueberries) to a heavy bottomed pan over med high heat and cook until the berries burst and release their juice. Add the balsamic vinegar and the hot sauce. Reduce the liquid by about half. Reduce the heat and add the remaining berries. Just heat through – you want these berries to stay whole. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and heat over med-high heat. Season the soft shell crab with salt and pepper. Place it in the pan and cook it for 2 minutes, flip it over and cook it for two minutes on the other side. Turn off the heat but leave the crab in the pan.
- To plate: layer the zucchini mixture on the bottom, then the crab. Add the huckleberry sauce and sprinkle the fresh peas over the top. Serve with the steamed green beans seasoned with salt, pepper and a spritz of fresh lemon juice
Keywords: low calorie, soft shell crab, 30 minute meal,