This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. A time for chocolate, cards and sweet treats. I know that when most of us think of this day we tend to think of our sweethearts but why not make it a time to remember your coworkers and friends as well? In fact I’m going to call this year my Pal-entine’s Day celebration as my clever American Greetings® card so artfully states. I am going to celebrate my girlfriend; I have been friends with her since I was 12 and she was 11. We are now as far apart as we have ever been with me in Montana and her in Georgia but that doesn’t mean we aren’t as close as ever. Thanks to the internet and some truly epic phone calls we stay up on the events in each other’s lives.
I love the variety of American Greetings® cards I found on my last trip to Walmart. I was able to pick up that perfect card for my friend, some to send my nieces and nephews (not shown), one for another friend and I found the perfect card for my hubby. While I was shopping I also picked up some delicious chocolate! I found the brand new M&M’s® Strawberry and a heart full of DOVE® caramels and truffles.
I always put my heart into my baking but now my baking was going to be full of hearts! I thought that making brownie cookie hearts with the M&M’s® Strawberry would be easy, tasty and fun! They are simple to make and I was thrilled with how they looked when they were done.
M&M’s® Strawberry Brownie Cookie Hearts
1 cup butter melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 TBS pure vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 10 oz bag M&M’s® Strawberry
Preheat oven to 350°
Line a large, heavy duty baking sheet with parchment.
Put the melted butter and cocoa powder in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached.
Mix on medium speed until no lumps remain.
Add the eggs and vanilla beating well until thick and smooth about 2 minutes.
Add the sugars and the salt and mix on high speed until well combined, about one minute.
Add the flour and mix on low until just combined.
These still have the softness of brownies but aren’t as thick as a traditional brownie would be. The M&M’s® Strawberry candies add a lovely flavor and crunch to the cookies.
I do believe that these would mail well – if packed appropriately of course. That’s why I like brownies when sending packages. They really have staying power and are just as good on the third/fourth/fifth day.
I used to make brownies for my brother when he was in the Navy and they always arrived in good shape. I’m sure that almost anyone would appreciate sweet treats like these brownie cookie hearts at this time of year. Think about your children’s teachers, your friends anyone you might want to make smile.
You can easily gift these brownie cookie hearts. Just find cute food safe bags, add the brownies and tie them up. You’ll have a tasty little present to hand out to your Pal-entines!
I’m sure anyone you send a surprise to this time of year will appreciate a sweet treat. I know I would love to get an American Greeting® card from a friend with some M&M’s Strawberry or delicious DOVE® chocolates. I’d offer to share of course…..maybe.
I’m happy I found the perfect card to send to my girlfriend this Valentine’s Day, erm Pal-entine’s Day. I know she will like the sweet M&M’s® Strawberry Brownie Cookies too. If you haven’t tried this new flavor I have to tell you they are really good! They taste a bit like a melted mix of strawberry and chocolate ice cream. Mmmmm.
Who is your Pal-entine?
What sweet treats would you make after using your M&M’s® Strawberry candies?Print
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBS pure vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 10 oz bag M&M’s® Strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a large, heavy duty baking sheet with parchment.
- Put the melted butter and cocoa powder in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached.
- Mix on medium speed until no lump remain.
- Add the eggs and vanilla beating well until thick and smooth about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugars and the salt and mix on high speed until well combined about one minute.
- Add the flour and mix on low until just combined.
- Turn the batter out onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out evenly with an offset spatula
- Sprinkle the M&M’s® Strawberry over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the brownies are just soft to the touch.
- Let cool about 10 minutes and then remove the parchment from the baking sheet. Cool the brownies (on the parchment) completely on a wire rack.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter cut out the hearts. I used a large 3″ cutter and got 12 brownie cookies. Save the trimmings for snacking.