All of the delicious flavors of your favorite chicken picatta but with tofu instead
- 6 ounces firm tofu (high protein if you can find it)
- 3 TBS all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 TBS parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Slice the tofu into 6 even slices
- Mix the flour and salt together on a small plate
- Dredge the tofu pieces in the flour so each side is coated and set aside
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and add the olive oil
- Pan fry the tofu for about two minutes on each side and remove from the pan to a plate
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, then add the vegetable stock letting the mixture simmer until reduced by about one third. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Return the tofu to the pan to heat through.
- season with salt and pepper
- To plate: divide the rice in half, place three pieces of tofu on top and pour on the sauce.
Keywords: tofu, picatta, GERD, soft food diet, post nissen diet