classic shortbread made with vegan butter
- 3/4 cup vegan butter like Butterine, at room temperature up to two tablespoons more if needed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all pupose flour
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer blend together the vegan butter and the granulated sugar. Alternatively use a stand mixer with the paddle attached.
- Add in the scraped vanilla seed and mix well.
- Blend in the flour, just until mixed. If you need to add a little more vegan butter do so a tablespoon at a time
- Lightly flour your counter and roll out the dough to about 1/2″ thick.
- Cut out the cookies and remove them to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through baking.
- Cool on a wire rack.
The vanilla bean adds a delightful flavor to the cookie but if you don’t have a vanilla bean it’s not vital to the cookie
Keywords: vegan, shortbread, cookie