An interesting and crunchy take on breakfast
- 2 carrots
- half of a small zucchini if desired
- 3 half sheets nori
- soy sauce for dipping
- raspberries or blueberries
- Wash and trim the carrots and zucchini if you are using
- Cut the carrots into long, thin oblong ovals and cut the ovals into thin matchsticks. Do the same with the zucchini if using
- Have a small bowl of water nearby.
- Place the nori sheet on a sushi mat. If you don’t have a sushi mat a linen towel will work in a pinch.
- Spread some carrots and zucchini along the bottom of the nori sheet.
- Dip your finger in the water and dampen the top of the nori sheet so it will seal.
- Use the mat or linen towl to roll the nori sheet as tightly as possible around the vegetables. Folding the damp edge over to seal.
- Carefully cut the roll in half, then cut each half in half again.
- Serve with a small dish of soy sauce and a few blueberries or raspberries.
The cookbook suggests including a side dish of white or brown rice.
Keywords: vegetarian, carrot sushi, vegetables, carrots, vegetables for breakfast