creamy cheesecake with a chocolate crumb crust and a cherry jelly topper
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- For the cheesecake:
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 8 oz low sugar cherry jelly
- 1 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened.
- Press into the bottom and 1/2″ up the sides of a 9″ springform pan
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attached mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla and cream of tartar until well combined.
- Pour over the crust.
- Place the springform pan on a heavy bottomed cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center is just set, about 45 – 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Remove from springform.
- Melt the cherry jelly.
- Pour the jelly over the center of the cheesecake.
- Put the cheesecake in the refrigerator for the jelly to set.
- When ready to serve cut a piece of cheesecake and grate some chocolate over top.
Keywords: cheesecake, cherry cheesecake