a moist and delicious cake featuring hazelnut cocoa spread
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature plus more to butter the bundt pan
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk mixed with 2 TBS buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa hazelnut spread
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butter and flour the bundt pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attached cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About three minutes
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- On low alternate the flour and milk mixture with 3 additions of flour and two of the liquid – beginning and ending with the flour.
- Separate half the batter to a bowl and add the cocoa hazelnut spread.
- Mix well.
- Add the chocolate batter to the vanilla and swirl gently. You don’t want to overmix.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes then unmold
- When completely cool dust with confectioner’s sugar
Keywords: bundt cake, chocolate hazelnut spread, marbled bundt cake, cake, chocolate and vanilla