delicious chicken with a sticky pomegranate glaze
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp hot sauce – more to taste
- 2 med cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinned
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a heavy baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- In a wide bottomed pan heat together the pomegranate juice, mustard, red wine vinegar, hot sauce and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until it thickens and gets syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and take out the garlic.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle both sided with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared pan.
- Lightly brush with the pomegranate mixture and place on the middle rack and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan, carefully drain off the liquid.
- Turn the chicken, lightly brush with the pomegranate mixture, return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler to low.
- Drain any liquid. Make sure the chicken thighs are front side up and generously brush with the pomegranate mixture. Place under the broiler for 4 minutes.
- Remove, brush with any remaining pomegranate mixture and broil for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice – brown or white and a side vegetable.
Keywords: chicken, sticky chicken, pomegranate chicken