Even with just three Farm cats I go through a lot of cat litter. I was pleased to recently learn about ökocat eco friendly cat litter. Read on to learn why you should consider an eco friendly litter for your cats.
This post is brought to you by ökocat. Product was provided.
ALL AMAZON PURCHASE LINKS ARE AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU BUY ANYTHING THROUGH THEM I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION (AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO YOU)
Why Eco Friendly Cat Litter?
Did you know that clay litter use accounts for 5 billions pounds of mined clay annually. It is not sustainable nor is it biodegradable. I was shocked to learn this. That is the biggest reason the Farm cats are going to be using an eco friendly cat litter going forward.
I was recently introduced to ökocat eco friendly cat litter. When there were 6 Farm cats I had bumped up to 5 litter boxes in basement. With the loss of Fernando, Snowy and Stinky I still kept the five boxes. I might eliminate one but I’m not sure as of yet. I scoop daily.
5 Reasons to Switch
- all of ökocat’s litter blends are made from reclaimed and sustainable wood and paper products with no chemicals or scents.
- ökocat litters last longer than clay litters so the overall cost will be less. (with five litter boxes to fill I am all about saving some money)
- ökocat litter provides superior odor control, very little dust, and easy clean-up.
- The natural capillary structure of wood that helps protect trees in their natural environment, works the same way to repress odors in ökocat’s litter
- As mentioned above clay litter is not biodegradable and adds to the landfills, plus results in all of that clay mining.
They are all fantastic reasons for giving this eco friendly cat litter a try.
Different Formulations for Different Needs
ökocat cat litter is available in a number of different formulations to suit the needs of your cat family.
- Cracked Pine Wood Natural Litter – Its soft, cracked pine pellets are easy on paws and have been lab-tested and proven to absorb more than 5X their weight in liquid.
- Clumping Wood Natural Litter – Our premium fast and firm clumping natural cat litter in soft, ground pellets. Naturally lightweight, biodegradable, and flushable.
- Long Hair Clumping Wood Natural Litter – Specially designed for long haired breeds that tend to get cat litter stuck in their fur. These dense, whole clumping pellets of our natural wood clumping cat litter won’t be carried through the house and make a mess.
- Dust Free Paper Natural Litter – Our lightweight and natural paper dust free cat litter is firm on the outside and soft on the inside, like pulp. Dust free, so it’s perfect for cats with respiratory ailments, or people with allergies
- Featherweight Clumping Wood Litter – Made from naturally lightweight wood and plant particles, not a watered down version of something else. Second to none in absorption and trapping odors, it’s also similar to the texture of clay so makes transitioning your cat to a natural litter easy.
- Super Soft Clumping Wood Litter – Naturally lightweight natural cat litter with a super soft texture your cat will love. super soft is a fine wood granule, a texture similar to that of clay litter so transitioning your cat to natural is easy. True to its name, it’s perfect for delicate paws, seniors and kittens.
As you can read there is a formula that will suit any cat. If you would like more information you will find it at healthy-pet.com/okocat/products
Eco Friendly Farm Cats
The Farm cats love their life and their beautiful corner of the world. As their humans, the hubby and I are trying to do what we can to make this world a better place. Our little town just started a recycling program so their food cans are being cleaned and saved and then sent off to be recycled. The same with their treat jugs. Now we will add using eco friendly cat litter to our efforts.
Questions? Comments? Leave them HERE
If you would like to do the same you can find öcokat at Petco Stores, on Amazon, and at Chewy.com
Learn more at Healthy Pet/ocokat
Please follow öcokat on Facebook/Instagram